Learn from Shawn Clement about getting over 26 million Youtube views and his thoughts on the way golf is being taught.
Shawn has built up a large audience around his beliefs (specifically on Youtube) and today we’re going to dive in and figure out the key components of his success.
A few things worth noting as your listening:
- Clear Understandable Communication
- A Unique Point of View and Mission
- Early to the Market (on Youtube from the beginning)
Really interesting conversation about Shawn’s beliefs in instruction and his approach. Shawn shares some of the research that he finds most interesting. He mentions this video from Jeff Hawking on intelligence to check out.
About Shawn Clement
Learn more about Shawn and what he does at his website wisdomingolf.com.
- 6 years on the Ski Patrol from 1982 to 1988
- Started playing golf in 1977 and teaching in 1984 at the tender age of 19
- First full time position as a teacher at the Grey Rocks resort in 1988
- Royal Laurentian Golf Club in 1989
- Golf 57 in 1990-93
- Owned and operated my own golf store North of Montreal from 1993-96
- America’s Favourite golf schools Head Instruction at Penn National PA and Examiner for US Golf Teacher’s Federation 1996-1999
- Canadian Tour and North Florida PGA mini tour 1997 to 1999
- Intrawest Mt Tremblant 1999-2001
- Taboo Resort and Spa (Mike Weir’s Home Course) 2002-2004
- Playing and Instruction Editor for Golf Tips Magazine from 2001 to 2004
- Richmond Hill Golf Learning Centre 2005 to present.
- 2011 final 3 Nominee for PGA of Ontario Teacher of the Year
This Show’s Sponsor
K-VEST is the industry’s only human motion learning system. The all-in-one wireless system that instantaneously measures players’ power signatures and 3D data. The system that assesses player characteristics and generates insightful reports. The system that automatically flows those reports into a powerful coaching and training program builder.
But that’s just the beginning. K-VEST doesn’t only provide you with an extensive library of pre-built training programs and drills, but also with the tools to customize them. And these pre-loaded resources always put real-time auditory and visual feedback front and center—making it possible for clients to feel new movement patterns. Supporting this state-of-the-art wearable technology are turnkey marketing programs that empower professionals to grow their businesses. In fact, it’s everything today’s pro needs to achieve greater success… a human motion learning system.